To add your event to the community calendar, please email the MSR!
- This event has passed.
Campaign L2V: Helping families whose child was Lost To Violence
April 18 @ 8:00 am - April 21 @ 5:00 pm| Free
Helping families whose child was Lost To Violence
April 18-21, 2013
Did you know?
- More children and teens die from guns every three days than have died in the Newtown massacre.
- 9,595 people were killed in gun violence in 2010. That’s a combined loss of 400,000 years of life to gun violence.
- The number of children killed by guns in 2010 was more than the number of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty that same year.
- Between 1979 and 2010, 119,079 children and teens died from guns. That’s more than all of the U.S. soldiers killed in action in the Vietnam, Korean, Afghanistan and Iraq wars combined.
Faith’s Lodge will open its doors April 18-21, 2013 to eight qualifying families in Minnesota and Western Wisconsin who are grieving the death of a child lost to violence. Weekend programming for Campaign L2V will include:
- Family accommodations for up to four (4) nights
- Therapuetic activites for parents and surviving children (both together and separate)
- Grief group discussion facilitated by a licensed therapist
- Time for reflection
- Family games/activities
- Transportation to and from Faith’s Lodge
Campaign L2V runs now through March 31, culminating with a retreat April 18-21 for the first eight qualifying families. Families who have lost children to violence and are interested in participating should register today.
How to register? Easy. Start with this simple application.
If you are unable to open this document or would like more information, please call 612-825-2073. Scholarships and transportation are available for this three-day weekend.